FACIAL FAT TRANSFER
DR HAYOT'S WORDS ON FAT TRANSFER
'At the beginning of cosmetic surgery, the only way to rejuvenate the face was to perform a facelift by 'pulling the skin' of the face. This technique had the major disadvantage of giving a 'surgical look' to patients and thus betraying their trust of cosmetic surgery.
Today, when I practice fat transfer in theatre, I try to restore lost volume by re-injecting autologous fat into the hollow of the eyelid, cheekbones and temples. This technique, called facial lipostructure or lipofilling, makes it possible to rejuvenate the face significantly in a natural way and without resorting to a foreign body or invasive surgery.
THE BENEFITS OF FACIAL FAT TRANSFER
The benefits of lipostructure compared to cosmetic facial surgery are numerous. The micro fat injections allow us to fill in volume parsimoniously without altering the personality of your face.
- The results of the micro-lipostructure are permanent. Lipofilling is a true micro fat transplant for which the results are proven reliable and durable.
- The results of lipofilling are natural. It is a restoration of volume that has decreased over time and not a creation of new volume that has never existed. The lipostructure gives a much more natural result than a facelift.
- The results are harmonious. All areas of the face and all layers of the skin can be treated.
- The procedures are safe - It is not a matter of injecting synthetic products but the patient's' own fat
- The micro cannulas used during the lipofilling limit the appearance of hematomas and bruises. It also allows better precision and a better dosage of the quantity injected during the intervention.
Why do we prefer fat transfer to hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a very large molecule (macromolecule), naturally present in the skin and able to fix the water in it. In recent years, it has become one of the most used active ingredients in aesthetic medicine because it simply and quickly corrects wrinkles, facial volumes, skin moisture and has very few side effects.
In fact, hyaluronic acid acts as a sponge by capturing the water of the body and this is why the face appears sometimes inflated and sur-injected. On the other hand, this product is not completely absorbable in certain areas and especially under the eyes where the acid never resorbs itself with time. It results in swollen bluish pockets under eyes due to the effect of light scattering on the transparent acid (Tyndall effect).
THE ZONES TREATED BY LIPOFILLING
Fat transfer is a treatment of choice for global rejuvenation, combined in some cases with a mini facelift of the neck, shape of the face or eyelid surgery.
fat transfer of the face or lipostructure is the best solution for permanent filling in the upper third of the face in the following areas:.
Dark circle fat transfer
The hollow circle appears with the ageing of the face and the dissolving of the volumes but sometimes it is just a hereditary characteristic visible from a young age. This area of eyes is also likely to be coloured: red, purple or brown circles depending on the ethnicity of each patient.View +
ADVANTAGES OF LIPOSTRUCTURE
- The results are permanent.
- The results are natural.
- No foreign body is injected into the body.
- The micro-cannulas limit the appearance of hematoma and bruising and provide a higher degree of precision during the procedure.
- Anaesthesia: localised potentials (neuroleptanalgesia) or pure local anaesthesia
- Duration of the intervention: approximately two hours
- Hospitalisation: outpatient
- Desocialisation: 8 to 10 days (presence of Fat transfer-related oedema)
The lipofilling technique by Dr Hayot
Lipostructure or lipofilling of the face (dark circle, upper eyelid, temples, cheekbone or cheeks) is performed surgically using a micro cannula no bigger than one millimetre: 'I take the fat from the patients abdomen or knee, I then clean, rinse, and remove the fibrosis before injecting it as a filling product.Read more
FACE MICROLIPOSTRUCTURE OR FACE LIPOFILLING
fat transfer is a technique that appeared in the 80s. The first fat transfer performed in the context of a reconstructive surgery was carried out by Dr. Coleman in 1983, he called this new technique 'lipostructure'. Read more
FAT TRANSFER RATES
The prices of fat transfer in Paris & London are variable depending on the patient's indications, the location of the intervention, clinic fees and especially the area to be treated. Read more
What are the different causes of ageing of the face?
As we age, volume in the centre of the face decreases. Loss of volume appears in the upper and lower eyelid, the malar area responsible of the accentuation of the nasolabial fold and the temple responsible for the drooping of the tail of the eyebrowRead more
The advent of the new techniques
Since the first lipofilling in the 90s by the inventor of the technique, Dr. Sydney Coleman, the techniques of fat transfer have changed and modernised to obtain much more satisfying results: Read more
OTHER TYPES OF LIPOFILLING
Dr. Hayot, a specialist in eyelid surgery in Paris & London, specializes in eyelid fat transfer and facial lipostructure. This technique allows him to rejuvenate all the face in the most gentle and natural way possible. Read more
FAT TRANSFER: RISKS AND PRECAUTIONS
Fat transfer does not present any health risks for the patient, but in cosmetic and restorative surgery, as for any surgical procedure, the zero risk does not exist. Read more