Upper eyelid blepharoplasty
dr hayot’s technique
« In the case of a heavy, drooping eyelid, due to excess skin or fat, I perform an upper eyelid laser blepharoplasty.
Performed with a laser scalpel to help with the precision of the surgery, it results in a finer scar and less bruising. »
- Enhanced precision with the CO2 laser treatment and the operating microscope,
- Invisible scar (incision in the upper eyelid fold),
- Less hematoma and bruising.
Complications and risks
- Adapting the incision for different eye shapes
- Assessing the amount of skin to remove to avoid lagophthalmos (difficulty in closing the eyelid).
- Positioning the scar correctly so that it is perfectly hidden in the eyelid fold.
- Patients must avoid sun exposure for three weeks.
- Patients must not wear make-up until the stitches have been removed.
- Anaesthetic : potentiated local (neuroleptanalgesy)
- Length of the procedure : less than one hour
- Hospitalization : ambulatory
- Downtime : 6 days (stitches removed on 6th day).